Interdisciplinary Polar Studies Modular Meeting 2023 (IPS-2023) will take place from the 30 August to the 4th September 2023 at Longyearbyen and Hornsund & Isfjorden region on board of r/v Horyzont II.
The goal of the IPS-2023 is to strengthen the holistic approach to studying and better understanding environmental changes and their implications due to the accelerated warming of the Arctic.
Preparation of a new generation of scientists for creative involvement in the 5th International Polar Year 2032/2033 by broader participation in the Ocean Decade (2021-2030) and in the IASC ICARP IV (2025) process.
An enhanced and coordinated monitoring of landscape and seascape evolution in Svalbard is needed for profound studies of mechanisms of interaction with glaciers and other components of the cryosphere.
Identification of gaps, coordination of international efforts and unification of methods will be presented during the conference and discussed directly in the field.
ORGANIZERS & EXPECTED PARTNERSHIP & PATRONAGES:
- Centre for Polar Studies (CPS): University of Silesia in Katowice, Institute of Geophysics PAS, Institute of Oceanology PAS
- Polish Polar Consortium (PPC)
- International Environmental Doctoral School (IEDS)
- Committee on Polar Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences (CPR PAS)
- Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System (SIOS)
- University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS)
- International Arctic Science Committee (IASC)
- Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)
More information: https://www.polarknow.us.edu.pl/ips-2022/