2024 European Polar Science Week conference
03.09. – 06.09.2024
The 2nd European Polar Science Week is an important milestone in the cooperation between the European Commission and the European Space Agency. The event will take place from 3 to 6 September, 2024, in Copenhagen.
The overall objective of the European Polar Science Week is to bring together the European polar science community and reinforce European cooperation for polar science.
More specifically, the 2nd Polar Science Week will aim to:
- Share latest results in polar science with a focus on Earth observation, and promote networking and collaborative research in polar sciences, bringing together different expertise, data, and resources in a systemic manner
- Discuss progress in addressing recommendations from the 1st European Polar Science Week
- Identify major polar scientific challenges, observation gaps and research needs for the coming years
- Formulate recommendations for a Polar Science Agenda, in particular with regard to maximising synergies between the ESA and Horizon Europe Programme
- Develop and provide policy relevant recommendations
During this week, key scientists and stakeholders of polar science will have the opportunity to discuss the major challenges and opportunities in front of us, promote networking and collaboration across projects and activities advancing the EC-ESA Polar research cooperation.
The European Polar Science Week is organised by the European Space Agency and the European Commission together with REA (Research Executive Agency), CINEA (European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency) and EPB (European Polar Board), as well as EU-PolarNet.
The European Polar Science Week will contribute to the implementation of several major policy initiatives and global assessments.
More information: https://www.polar-science-week.eu/